Thursday, March 24, 2011

'Ring' in Spring

Spring makes me think of all kinds of ringing.  One spring I was in Paris and had to privilege of hearing the Easter bells.  It was amazing to hear the whole city ringing their church bells. Our hotel was near the Notre Dame Cathedral. Now I can't think of spring without thinking of those bells.  So to 'ring' in spring I decided to make a ring of my own...a wreath.

I went for a natural look.

Here's how I did it.
I gathered a wreath, some moss, ribbon, eggs, a bird and the nest I made form this post.  All I did was glue it together with my little mini hot glue gun and I was done.  I used some antique lace I had, but did not glue it down because it is just to special to use on a wreath (I imagine it on a wedding dress or something equally special).     
See how the ribbon even has little rhinestones too?  I love it.  I layered some green ribbon (leftover from Pottery Barn wedding presents) under it.

This little blue jay cost a bundle (OK about $4, but for me that is a lot).  I love how he sits on the moss.  That was my main plan.

I was not sure about the eggs at first.  There is nothing natural about their color.  Now I like them, they add a touch of whimsy.  Also, my nest finally found a home before Rhea (my cat) can eat it completely. 

My yard may look like this....
(yes it's snowing again)....
...but...
...........at least my door rings in spring. 
Here's hoping spring comes a little faster in your neighborhood (and could you send some of it my way?).


Photobucket






Bubbly Nature



9 comments:

  1. Great idea! It's gotten cold again where I am too! Maybe if we craft enough we can force spring to get here. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this turned out! Great job coming up with something super cute and unique. So perfect for Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really such an adorable wreath. So spring like. Love that you didn't cover the whole wreath with moss. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little nest...I think that's my favorite part:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up! Hope to see you again next Friday =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty wreath, with all those wonderful details! Nicely done. :)

    Tnx so much for stopping by to link this up at my party this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh gee! what a pretty wreath for a snowy day! :(
    I hope you're seeing some signs of spring now!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very springy! Thanks so much for linking this up to our Wicked Awesome Wednesday link party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this wreath. I'm going to post it on my blog if that's okay with you.

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)